Sunday, November 6, 2011

Jigsaws and Juicers

I was merrily cutting away with the jigsaw today when the knob thing on top fell off and the blade stopped going up and down. Clearly you can see I don't know much about jigsaws except how to change the blade and cut stuff with them. It has been randomly making high pitched screeching noises all summer and it gets hot quickly. I use the jigsaw a lot, probably more than "normal wear" so after a five year run I'm not too shocked it broke. I don't have time to wait for it to be repaired since I have a show at the end of the month and I need to do lots of cutting. So I went out today and bought a new Bosch jigsaw. It was even on sale. Now hopefully none of my other tools take a crap because my bank account has taken a hit this past month.

To add insult to injury (to my bank account) I also ordered a fancy new Breville juicer. Hey, it's for health and I've been wanting it for a long time! I think another juice fast is forthcoming as my autoimmune skin rash is threatening to flare again. I know, I know, everyone loves to hear about weird skin rash things. Don't worry, it's not contagious so you won't get it from buying a clock. So feel free, buy a clock. You'll be helping me fund my veggie filled grocery bill, thus aiding in healing myself. You could almost consider a clock purchase as a gift to a charity. What? Is that pushing it too far?

My pour room is complete and has been used. The basement is cleaned, for the most part, and organized so working on inventory and orders is actually enjoyable.

I've also been hit with a wave of creativity. I have started on my latest product, I'm going to let it be a surprise but I'll give you a hint: Wax, wicks, and melting clocks. I'm hoping to have the first prototype ready to share within the next couple of weeks. Don't steal my idea.

Hope everyone had a happy weekend!

No comments: