Thursday, November 3, 2011

Blog Feature and Pour Room Progress

One of my clocks was featured on a blog today along with some other cool Dali finds and the amazing Dali/Disney collaboration Destino. You can see the post here.

I am almost done with my pour room. All that is left is putting the top on my large workbench and the shelf underneath. I have a giant sheet of half inch Plexiglas in the basement that was supported by two sawhorses and a desk that was serving as my pour table/ work table. I decided that I would cut a piece to size for my workbench top. The trouble is cutting thick Plexiglas is not as easy as cutting wood. I went through three jigsaw blades tonight and still didn't finish. I'll have to run out tomorrow and grab another pack of blades to get the job done.
When I was cleaning all the crap off the Plexiglas I found a mirror clock I started working on a couple of years ago and abandoned. I quite like it, though, and I think I am going to finish it when I get some spare time.

I have given up all artistic endeavors the last seven months or so and have concentrated solely on melting clocks. I have started things here and there but have been uninspired. Seeing the mirror clock gave me a little spark back, I may start messing around with new projects just for fun. I've been so business minded and worried about turning a profit with everything I make it took the fun out of non clock stuff.

I searched and searched and the only kitty condo picture I could find is a partial picture that really doesn't do the condo justice. You can't see the two uneven levels or the jacked up crooked arch doorways. But here you go, it's on the right side of the picture next to my son drooling Oreo four years ago.

No comments: