Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Table Sneak Peak and Tattoo Sketch


There you go, the first sneak peak of my forthcoming melting clock table. No, it's not the top of the table. I am super excited to get this table put together. I plan on having it built tomorrow and ready to paint.

I was looking around online today for art shows that I may want to apply to. I'm thinking I may just try for Summerfair next year and Hyde Park again. My first year out I think I should take it easy and not over do it. It is already a challenge getting everything done with two kids under six! That's assuming I even get into those shows. We'll see.

I also looked up Art On The Levee, by suggestion of a friend. Once I get a table or two completed I am going to see about getting some of my work in there. It is a gallery in Newport for local artist. Since it is shopping season now would be a great time to try something like that out. I would have to pay rent and split the profit 80/2o with the gallery. I think that is reasonable.

I had the itch to draw tonight. I haven't had that for awhile and it was nice to get an idea out of my head. I'm planning on getting a half sleeve one day and I've had ideas bouncing around in my mind for a long time. I finally got one of them out on paper. Keep in mind it is just a sketch! Not a final drawing. There is something funky about her right arm, but I can't quite figure out what. Something is wrong with the shading I think. Oh well, not bad for my first drawing in months.

No comments: