Monday, October 25, 2010

Defeat!

Oh the bitter taste of failure. I ruined my beautiful sharp table. The epoxy retained many of the tiny bubbles formed during mixing and it looks bad. So Nick gets his wish, the table will be here in the house. Boo.

That's what I get for not experimenting first and trying a new technique out on something large. This time I'm doing a sharp clock. I think it looks nice enough to stand alone as a mirror. I haven't decided yet if it will be a clock for sure or not.

Anyways, I love working with the mirror mosaic too much to give up. Plus, having access to a place like Art on the Levee is great to try out new products. Especially products that have a wow factor in person that can be lost in photographs.
Some pictures of my sharp clock in progress:


(Don't mind the messy work area!)

No comments: