Friday, September 30, 2011

Stab Wounds Aren't Fly Like a G6

I recently discovered that time management is not one of my strengths. I think grossly underestimating how long something is going to take is more my specialty. It's 1:30 in the morning. I have to be in the car and on my way to Columbus in four hours. I still have clocks to assemble, stuff to pack, and molded clocks to spray. Yes, spray! How did this happen?

Good thing I discovered Pandora. I've been listening to it through my phone, a constant stream of music helps keep me sane. I've been listening to the Lady Gaga channel. It's less Gaga and more stuff that supposedly I should like because I like Gaga. I have no idea what a G6 is but I find myself wanting to be fly like one.

What is totally unfly is the stab wound I just gave myself with a box cutter. You see I have to use a razor to trim up the little wood and resin shavings around the hole in the clock so that the movement fits in nice and neat. Well, I got a little too aggressive, I suppose, and stabbed my thumb. It hurt and surprised me so much I dropped the clock I was working on. The clock is okay. My thumb is not.
Yes, I let it bleed while I fumbled getting the memory card into the camera to take a picture just for my blog. After the picture was taken and the thumb bandaged I surveyed the floor. It looks like a small animal got murdered down here. Gross.
One more picture for you. This one is a little more artsy I think.

Well, I better get back to it. Hope everyone has a great weekend! I'll have the post show report ready no later than Monday I promise.

No comments: