Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Publicity and Time Crunch

Two days till Via Columbus. I'm excited to see how it goes. I've been busting my rear to get ready. I went to bed at 7:00 this morning and got up at 8:00, yep one hour. It's 11:30 at night now and I've got a few more hours of work to do. The problem is that paint takes soooooo long to dry. I feel like most of my working time is waiting for paint to dry. Paint and lacquer. My basement is quite stinky right now. The humidity outside is high so when I spray a final coat of lacquer on a molded clock I have to run it inside as quick as possible so it can dry inside. This keeps the finish from hazing. All that fresh lacquer is quite potent.

Tomorrow I have to somehow cut, sand, paint, and spray ten molded clocks. Then I need to cut tops for my shelves and paint the backs and legs of my display. I need to finish painting the backs of the sixty wall clocks I am taking and put the movements in all of them. Then I need to make sure the car is completely packed because we are going to have to leave around 5:30 in the morning on Friday. Right smack in the middle of all this I have to go get my oil changed. I am not complaining, I knew this was going to be a chaotic couple of weeks when I decided to do back to back shows.

I had an extra fire lit under me today when I discovered that Via Columbus' facebook page has my clocks on the pictures across the top of their page and in one of their galleries! You can see the album here and the show page here. Then I found out tonight that the commercials they are running in Columbus have a picture of one of my clocks.

Via Columbus has an interesting incentive going for college students. They are handing out $10,000 in "Art Bucks" to college students. That is money that can only be spent at the art show. If you accept the art bucks you turn them in Saturday morning for cash. Sign me up. My clocks are very college student friendly.

On a completely different note:
Oh how I love my Bionic. Let me count the ways.............................infinity. My poor little old Blackberry doesn't hold a candle to this new phone. The reviews I read were correct, it really is a laptop in my pocket.

No comments: