Monday, December 5, 2011

Dear Mother Nature,

This is Ohio, not Quibdo, Colombia. You have made your point, whatever that may be, and we don't get it. Turn off the faucet already. This has been the wettest year on record and we have all had enough. There is NO reason why Cincinnati needs twice the average annual precipitation. No reason AT ALL. If I wanted enough water in my back yard for water fowl I would dig a pond. Stop it already.

Thank you

I don't think Mother Nature gives a pooh what I think, or reads this blog, but it's worth a shot.

My son turned seven today. Holy ^&*^%, how did that happen? That means I am getting old. Before I know it he is going to be driving and not wanting to have anything to do with me. Karina and I went to the school and had lunch with him. We also brought along cupcakes for his class. Am I a bad mother that I ran out of time to make cupcakes and bought discounted Christmas cupcakes instead? It's the thought that counts, right? Besides they tasted good. Who cares if there were little Christmas tree sprinkles on them instead of regular sprinkles. He got his dream birthday cake on Saturday at his party. Today's cupcakes were bonus. I need to have better time management next year.

I did some Christmas shopping this weekend. I am so friggin excited. I bought some Calico Critters for my daughter. What is a Calico Critter, you ask. Feast your eyes on this overload of cuteness:

It all started when I was flipping through the Toys R Us ad and saw the critter cottage on sale. I have been eying the critter dolls for awhile and it finally hit me, I will make her a Critter dollhouse! My dad made me an awesome barn for my Breyer horses when I was growing up (along with a Brenda Breyer house and outhouse) and before that he made me the best My Little Pony castle ever. So now I get to build cute stuff for my kids. I have enlisted my Dad's help so it should turn out better than a previously blogged about kitty condo. My daughter has a super active imagination and she loves to role play with her My Little Ponies so I think these critters are going to be perfect. I can't wait to play with them, I mean with her and them, right.

On the clock front business is booming. Thank you Christmas. I'm excited because I've been getting lots of inquiries and orders from people that saw me at the shows I did this fall, that is very encouraging.

Since I'm planning on really revving up my Art Show activity next year I am thinking about forming an LLC for tax purposes. It's a bit daunting, though, because I know nothing about it.

Planning on trying for 15 plus shows next year is daunting as well, but I'm confident I'll pull it off. If I'm accepted to them, that is. I've learned to jump in with both feet and even if I don't know how I'm going to make it work I know I will somehow.

No comments: