Monday, December 12, 2011

Hurry Up Christmas!

I am so very excited for Christmas this year! I have so many fun things I can't wait to give people! Thanks to the internet we are 90% done with our Christmas shopping. I signed up for the free 30 day trial of Amazon Prime (free two day shipping) and got my money's worth (ha ha) and more. I'm cancelling it today, though. It was really nice, but $79 a year is a bit steep.

The bunny cottage is coming along. I didn't realize how tedious it was going to be. I cut 48 Popsicle sticks for the inside window frames last night and glued them all in place. Once it is assembled I'll have to do it again for the outside windows. The inside walls are all painted and so are the floors. I had thought of doing wallpaper, but was worried about how it would all stick together when we glued the wall and floors together. Plus I'm in budget mode and I already had paint on hand. I'm hoping to have it assembled in the next day or two so I can started painting the outside. Here is a picture or the fantastic model my dad put together last week.

It has been clock madness around here. Yesterday I literally stayed in the basement all day painting. It was worth it because I have clocks completed that aren't due to ship until the end of the week.

We got a Christmas tree this weekend. It is huge, but it looks nice. Now if only we can keep the kid's hands off of it and keep the giant dog from hitting it with his tail. He launched two ornaments across the room this morning. We may need to move ornaments higher up the tree.

Isn't the garbage bag under the tree a nice touch. I'll add buy a tree skirt to my to do list today.

No comments: