Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm glad I don't live in a box

So I'm working on a painting right now. It is a commissioned portrait destined to be a Christmas gift. I'm pretty excited about it. I want to post pictures but I don't know if the person who is receiving it looks at this blog or not. Oh who am I kidding, probably not. But just to be safe you two or three people that do occasionally stumble on here are going to have to wait until after Christmas to see it.
So my friend is going to Italy next week. So not fair. Okay, it is fair, she can afford it and I cannot. Maybe if I got a real job (not that stay at home mom isn't a real job, but it doesn't pay so great). My qualifications are extensive. I have been a waitress, a cashier, worked at five gas stations, changed oil at Jiffy Lube, cleaned a medical lab, been a taxi cab dispatcher, sorted bulk mail at the post office, washed dogs for a day, delivered the newspaper( a real route, not on a bike, common on now), put file box things together in a warehouse, worked at a music store, a movie store, a bread store, a grocery store, and a fabric store. I'm probably missing some. If this doesn't scream ADD I don't know what does. My average time at these jobs was three months. Thank goodness I have my clocks, art, and a hubby with a real job. Otherwise I'd probably be living in a box. A nicely decorated box.

No comments: