Sunday, August 28, 2011

Split Teeth and Booth Fees

This has been a busy interesting week. Eli started first grade on Monday. I can't believe I have a first grader! Of course, I couldn't believe I had a kindergartner last year, so I'm sure every year I'll say the same thing, "I can't believe I have a ____".

He started the week off with an emotional breakdown after school. That was fun. It takes him a little longer than most kids to adjust to big changes so I think he was just on stimulation overload from the excitement of the first day of school. He decided to follow that up on Tuesday by jumping off the top of the monkey bars. That's about 8-9 feet up. Needless to say he got hurt. Thankfully not as bad as he could have. He hurt his foot and then right before bed informed me that his tooth was split. Indeed it was. So Wednesday a trip to the dentist ended in the split tooth being pulled. He was excited that the tooth fairy would be coming for her first visit. She left a dollar. I think I got .35-.50 cents when the tooth fairy visited me. Inflation is tough!

I finally paid my booth fee for Winterfair. Hooray! That was a major load off my back. I went out the next day and bought all the wood I am going to need to finish stocking my inventory for the September shows. Which are only four weeks away. It's going to be a time crunch.
And last but not least I have a facebook page now for my clocks. I was informed by a customer that I really needed one and I had been meaning to make one so here it is: http://www.facebook.com/pages/MeltingClocksorg/115537218546297.

Be sure to visit the page and "like" me. There is also a facebook like button on my website so you can "like" me there also. Hint hint.

Have a happy Sunday!

No comments: