Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Lethargic Sluggery


I celebrated a year of no smoking last week. If you smoke and want to quit check out The Easy Way to Stop Smoking by Allen Carr. I never thought a book could help me quit smoking. I chain smoked while I read it then crushed the half a pack I had left, threw them in the trash, and never looked back.
This week I decided to quit my remaining vice, caffeine. A cup or two every morning is fine, I think, but I was addicted. I got anxious thinking about having to function without coffee first thing in the morning. No matter how much exercise, healthy eating, or sleep I get I still feel tired in the morning and drag in the afternoon. It's too soon to tell, but I'm hoping abstaining from caffeine helps with that. Two days in and I'm a cranky, lethargic, and unmotivated. I hear that clears in about a week. I'll keep you posted.
Okay, I need to get my unmotivated butt to work. Hopefully I'll have pics of some fun new lamps soon and a couple pictures of the completed melting clock coffee table.

*Update* I am back to swigging caffeine every morning and loving it.

No comments: