Thursday, February 11, 2010

Why!!!!

I'm writing a book. Say what?! Yeah, that's right a novel. I've been working on it for a few months now. I think it is coming along quite nicely but it will probably end up in pdf format for sale in my Etsy shop in the section titled, "Crap Nobody Wants." Yes, I do have that section in my Etsy shop. Anyways, I started on Draft Four tonight. I've been cutting and pasting from the previous drafts and adding things here and there to tighten the plot line. My previous drafts all ended at about the middle of the story. I figured I should get the first half of the book solid before finishing it up. I had stopped at a real, 'holy shit I can't believe it!', part of the story. Well, tonight I discovered that the last 14 pages or so, the really complex, plot twisting joy ride of chaos is missing. That's right, gone! I am a save button fanatic. I even email myself copies of the book to make sure I don't lose it if the computer craps out. I'm clueless as to how this happened. I know that I didn't dream that I wrote those pages. As frustrating as it is I'm just glad I didn't lose the whole thing. I think I would have thrown in the towel if I had lost everything. So there, the cat is out of the bag. I'm writing a book and I've hit my first stumbling block. Not to worry, I'll prevail. I have this odd need to see this project through. I'll keep you all posted as to when it's available in my Etsy shop.

No comments: