Thursday, March 19, 2009

Last Saturday I met up with a photographer friend of mine and we shot pictures of my paintings for prints. We also shot a male model for new subject matter for my paintings. Out of the pictures we got there are several that I think would convert to cool paintings.
I submitted and received several test prints from a printing company this week. The test shots were good, but they also allowed me to see what I needed to do to get really nice prints. I have five on order and they should get here tomorrow. I can't wait to see them! If they look good I'm going to list them on Etsy.
I sent in my application for the Hyde Park art show today. Prejudging is in April and we find out the results the second week of May.
I'm dying to start on a small portrait of Karina. It has been sketched out and waiting for oils all week, but I've been too busy to work on it. Maybe tonight...........
I found a neat new website called artbreak.com. It is basically artists displaying their work for feedback and for sale. There is a lot of talent on that site. I put a few things up and feedback has been good.

No comments: