Thursday, January 28, 2010

Robert Pattinson, What Were You Thinking?

I suppose I can't blame him completely. The writers and director of the film Little Ashes I'm sure were behind the dissappointing portrayal of Dali. They make him seem almost meek, and unsure. Eccentric for certain, but confident no doubt. If Dali ever felt a twinge of self doubt I'm sure he wouldn't have let anyone see it. I got through less than half of the movie and I'm not sure if I care to watch the rest. Homosexuality aside, it's his character that is lacking. Dali led a such a grand and interesting life I find it sad that no one has made a quality movie depicting his ventures. Dali himself claimed that nothing ever happened with Federico GarcĂ­a Lorca and quite honestly I don't care. Federico was an important part of his life, and like I said, it is not his relationship with him that bothered me, it was the portrayal of Dali's character that disappointed me. His impact on the world of art was and is outstanding and everlasting. Hopefully one day a movie will be made showcasing his talent and achievements in the art and cultural world.

No comments: