Sunday, December 20, 2009

Creepy Christmas Lights

My husband and I went to a Christmas party last night. We got lost trying to find the right street (I kept telling him we were looking for a street on the right when we were really looking for a street on the left. Oops). While we drove around one neighborhood I noticed that every house that had Christmas lights up had all white lights. There was an occasional renegade house that dared to use a strand or two of color, but on one street there was literally six to seven houses in a row with only white lights. It started to creep me out a bit. Maybe it was an example of keeping up with the Jones. I don't know, but if I lived in that neighborhood I would have bought the most colorful lights I could find and had them set on flashing.
We had fun at the party. It was Nick's co-workers and I think I managed not to make an ass out of myself. Always a good thing.

No comments: